The medicinal uses of ginger is almost endless. If you can stomach the spiciness, it does wonders in treating many disorders.
The medicinal uses of ginger is almost endless. If
you can stomach the spiciness, it does wonders in treating many disorders.
Add ginger in most of your cooking or add a teaspoonful of young ginger
juice in your beverages to enjoy the anticoagulant properties of ginger. It
helps make blood platelets less sticky which in turn reduces your risk of
2. Aphrodisiac effect: A natural aphrodisiac, this might be the better substitute to viagra! Drink hot ginger tea (by mixing ginger juice, hot water and raw honey) after a not-too-heavy meal and see it work!
3. Cold: Cut
up a small piece of old ginger and boil it with a small cup of pure drinking
water. Add some green tea leaves if you wish. Strain and drink when hot.
Effective if you also have fever resulting from the cold. You may also drink
this concoction if you feel a cold coming.
Drink ginger juice with raw honey three to four times a day for a bad
throat. It is soothing and helps clear up phlegm. If it’s a dry cough, use the
young ginger. If there is phlegm, use the old ginger.
5. Digestive disorder: Mix a teaspoonful of young ginger juice with
one teaspoonful each of fresh lime juice and fresh mint juice with some honey
to taste in a glass of water. Drink to relieve heartburn, indigestion, nausea
and vomiting. Especially helpful after a big meaty meal.
6. Fatigue: Slice a piece of ginger into disks and boil it with a big glass of water. Add a piece of cinnamon bark, bring to boil and then cover it for about half an hour till it turns to golden color. Drink it to relieve fatigue when recovering from fever. It also relieves muscle pain and soreness.
12 amazing health benefits of ginger for you and
your family. The medicinal uses of ginger is almost endless. If you can stomach
the spiciness, it does wonders in treating many disorders.
7. Flatulence/wind: Pound a piece of fresh ginger and boil with a cup of water and add a little honey to taste. Drink it twice a day to let off the wind trapped in the intestinal tract.
Believe it or not! Mix a teaspoonful of young ginger juice to a
half-boiled egg and a teaspoonful of honey. Take this concoction on an empty
stomach, every night for a month. It helps to counter impotency, premature
ejaculation and increase sperm count. (Not proven but worth trying!)
The anti-inflammatory (gingerols) and anti-oxidant properties in ginger
help relieve various inflammatory disorders like gout, osteoarthritis, and
rheumatoid arthritis. It provides substantial relief in pain caused by
inflammation and help decrease swelling and morning stiffness.
10. Menstruation disorder: Pound a piece of young ginger and boil with a cup of water and add a little honey to taste. Drink it hot two or three times a day for a month. The pain-relieving and anti-cramping compounds in ginger effectively help relieve painful menstruation cramps (dysmenorrhoea). In the absence of menstruation in women in the reproductive age (amenorrhoea), this concoction can also help induce menstruation.
11. Morning sickness: A teaspoonful of young ginger juice with some
honey will also help alleviate morning sickness, sea or motion sickness,
dizziness and even nausea caused by chemotherapy or anesthesia.
12. Pain killer:
Ginger juice makes an excellent pain killer, even when applied
externally. In headache, apply ginger juice to the forehead. With toothache,
apply it to the external area either on the cheek or jaw area.